We are looking for a Marketing & Events Manager to join our team.
About Marmalade on Toast
Marmalade on Toast are a successful and award winning agency based in Winchester who have ambitious plans for the near future.
Job Title: Marketing & Events Manager
Marmalade on Toast are looking for a hands-on Marketing & Events Manager to report directly to the board and to flex their marketing skills to drive more leads for the agency and promote the company. A successful candidate would ideally have previous experience of working within an agency environment, with some of that experience working across a wide area of marketing disciplines.
You will need to be well organised, personable to work with and able to own the role in your own right. A pro-active attitude with an eye for detail, articulate and able to write engaging draft copy (we have an in-house copywriter to refine) are all qualities we are looking for. If you have a marketing qualification, that’s a bonus but not essential. However a passion for creative and digital and a need to have fun at work are.
- Responsible for all marketing that creates lead generation. Ultimately this role will lead our effort to increased brand recognition and new business enquiries.
- Managing all outbound marketing for the company
- Planning, creating & developing our entire marketing and content strategy
- Managing all social media activity and monthly email newsletters, which will involve coordinating assets with our Design team
- Organising and marketing our company speaking, networking and thought leadership events
- Managing ticket sales through Eventbrite to encourage best turn out for events
- Improving customer engagement with marketing/support and increase enquiries for sales and events
- Identifying networking and speaking opportunities for our target audience across key industry events, exhibitions and seminars for Simon to attend or speak.
- Assisting with the curation of thought leadership material and company collateral
- Generating case studies and other marketing collateral
- Analysing, testing and reporting on the effectiveness / ROI of all our marketing campaigns / Sales & Marketing KPIs
- Researching and assisting with the formation of strategic partnerships
- Raising our media profile and positioning Marmalade on Toast as the ‘go to’ agency for quality
- Managing award and league table entries
Day to day role
- Strong organisational and communications skills
- Confident networker - ability to communicate with clients and prospects
- Event Experience is key above other areas. Organising, finding venues, managing data to invite people to events is a large part of this role
- General marketing activity experience is important
- A good technical understanding and knowledge of e-marketing and social media tools including social channels, posting on social media and an understanding of managing social campaigns.
- Agency experience will help but if not, experience of working within a marketing role previously
- Will not suit a content/social media dominant person, need to have experience but it’s secondary to event and wider marketing experience.
- Experience of helping get key team members working together for projects
- Less concerned about Brand Positioning experience
- The role really does need a tenacious attitude. Someone who is capable of working in a team, but equally well on their own. With this role being the only marketing position in the business, the candidate needs to be confident in taking ownership of the role.
- Confident in putting together marketing plans and presenting marketing updates to the friendly board monthly
- Advance knowledge of MS Office
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist business development with longer term lead generation through targeted and effective email marketing campaigns, customer surveys and other events to improve our relationship and increase loyalty.
- Manage our CRM strategy and ensure we’re getting our brand in front of the right people
- Work closely with Sales to create CRM strategies and define prospect / customer communication touch points.
- Nurturing relationships & creating leads; an established network is considered a big plus
- Researching and assisting with the formation of strategic partnerships with other complementary businesses
- Analyse potential strategic partner relationships
- Manage the database of prospective clients
- Planning and organising our own schedule of events and networking evenings, which includes researching and booking speakers
- Securing speaking opportunities for our agency founder and other team members
- Marketing events through email, social media and ads
- Increasing outbound marketing engagement
- Delivering content strategy and high quality, relevant copy content - managing and draft writing content for blog posts, articles, comment pieces, whitepapers, copy for the website, case study material, award entries and press releases
- Assisting with our PR campaigns / press releases and media coverage
- Manage, maintain and assist with content for our website Marmaladeontoast.com
- Managing our social media activity; continuously evolving & promoting brand awareness
- Manage and generate content and social feeds across all social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn
- Deal with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations Social Media – actively involved in Facebook, Linkedin, Google, Twitter
- Engage and interact with followers on our social channels
- Competitor analysis – monitoring other agencies online activity (blogs, award finalists)
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives, any relevant industry events and news.
- Review and report regularly on all activities to monitor and ensure success, track response rates, SEO performance, traffic to the site and opportunities to optimise this further
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- A desire to be the best you can be and wanting to have heaps fun working with some truly amazing people is vital.
- Organising team social events
- Organising and managing quarterly company updates